Mozilla Firefox - faster, more secure, easier to use and sporting a new
look, this latest Firefox release sets a new standard for web browser
innovation. Mozilla Firefox project (formerly Firebird, which was
formerly Phoenix) is a redesign of Mozilla's browser component, written
using the XUL user interface language and designed to be cross-platform.
It is small, fast and easy to use, and offers many advantages over
other web browsers, such as the tabbed browsing and the ability to block
Mozilla Firefox is focused on improved memory handling, performance,
and stability, improved XUL, and new core components such as application
data stored in SQLite. Mozilla Firefox could break a few existing
extensions and applications built on top of Firefox, and it will
definitely include new optimizations if you like to build on the popular
features if you're into that sort of thing.
Features in Firefox include:
- Easy migration: Switching to Firefox has never been easier now that
Firefox imports data like Favorites, history, settings, cookies and
passwords from Internet Explorer. Firefox can also import settings from
Mozilla 1.x, Netscape and Opera.
- Smaller Download: Continuing efforts to make this the most efficient
browser, the Windows version of Firefox is now only a 4.7 MB download,
making downloading Firefox a breeze for dial-up and broadband users
- New Default Theme: A new default theme provides a bright new look for Windows and Linux users.
- SmartUpdate: A new SmartUpdate feature notifies users of new versions
of Firefox to ensure that the browser is always up to date.
- Help: A new online help system makes this one powerful, friendly browser.
- Extension/Theme Manager: New Extension and Theme Managers provide a
convenient and secure way to manage and update the hundreds of add-ons
that set Firefox apart from other browsers.
Mozilla Firefox also includes numerous bug fixes and incremental improvements, including faster page load speed
- Popup Blocking: Stop annoying popup ads in their tracks with Firefox's built in popup blocker.
- Tabbed Browsing: View more than one web page in a single window with
this time saving feature. Open links in the background so that they're
ready for viewing when you're ready to read them.
- Smarter Search: Google Search is built right into the toolbar, and
there are a plethora of other search tools including Keywords (type
"dict " in the Location Bar), and FastFind (start typing the first few
letters of some text in the page and Firefox takes you there).
- Privacy and Security: Built with your Security in mind, Firefox keeps
your computer safe from malicious spyware by not loading harmful ActiveX
controls. A comprehensive set of privacy tools keep your online
activity your business.
- Hassle-Free Downloading: Files you download are automatically saved to
your Desktop so they're easy to find. Fewer prompts mean files download
- Fits Like a Glove: Simple and intuitive, yet fully featured, Firefox
has all the functions you're used to - Bookmarks, History, Full Screen,
Text Zooming to make pages with small text easier to read, etc.
- S M L XL XXL XXXL: Firefox is the most customizable browser on the
planet. Customize your toolbars to add additional buttons, install new
Extensions that add new features, add new Themes to browse with style,
and use the adaptive search system to allow you to search an infinite
number of engines. Firefox is as big or small as you want.
- Setup's a Snap: At only 4.7MB (Windows), Firefox only takes minutes to
download over a fast connection. The installer gets you set up quickly,
and the new Easy Transition system imports all of your settings -
Favorites, passwords and other data from Internet Explorer and other
browsers - so you can start surfing right away.
- A Developer's Best Friend: Firefox comes with a standard set of
console, and an optional Document Inspector that gives unheard of
insight into how your pages work.
First off I would like to say fantastic blog! I had a quick question in which I'd like to ask if
you don't mind. I was curious to know how you center yourself and
clear your thoughts before writing. I've had a hard time clearing my thoughts
in getting my thoughts out there. I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the first 10 to 15 minutes tend
to be lost just trying to figure out how to begin. Any recommendations or tips?